Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stairs: The Silent Killer

I was walking back to my office from a therapy session in another part of the hospital, and was a bit distracted. I took a lovely plunge in the staircase. Thank God I was on the level between two flights so I didn't fall down. I scuffed my hands and knees (and pants!), but mostly, I twisted my left ankle. I hope I haven't pulled anything because it does hurt a bit. I guess I'll see soon enough if it swells up. I also dropped my digital recorder and Palm Pilot. What better event for electronic equipment than hitting a cement floor? LOL

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Evalina said...

I hope you're okay!

More importantly, was there anyone there to witness that terrible event. Doesn't it make us feel like total idiots when we fall in front of other people?

I once took a tumble down a flight of stairs and crashed my head into the wall of the basement at a friends. It made a nice big hole. I was horified and mortified, but otherwise fine!

May 30, 2007 at 10:30 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

No, I was actually by myself in the staircase. It was less mortifying, but not much more fun! Hee. There was a man, however, who came by as I was picking myself up and wanted to know if I was okay. I did look like an idiot who was lounging on the stair floor, but at least I had time to put myself back together a bit so it was all good.

Excited about the grand departure tomorrow? :) Did you hear back about the place?

May 30, 2007 at 11:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, scary! I mean, you could have broken your back in four places. (get well soon, Jenna.) I'm glad you're okay!

-Paper Jam

May 31, 2007 at 1:31 a.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

Ay! Tumbles are always a bummer. A friend in high school tripped down some stairs and ended up kneeling at the bottom of the staircase. All this during passing period! She pretended she was praying ; )

June 1, 2007 at 2:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home